Apr 28, 2016

Return of the DIY Fretboard Camera


A little over a year ago I posted the original writeup for my DIY "FretCam" and figured it deserved a bit of an update.  A year+ in and it's holding up exactly the same, no change expected for many years either!  This was a great project for a couple dollars for adding a really cool perspective to your music videos and I'd highly recommend trying it out to any budding YouTube stars!

The only update I made since was to stick some Gorilla tape as padding/grip tape on the insides of the wood planks where they contact the headstock, it helps with grip and protecting the headstock and it's now grippy enough even to hold on to my SX headstock where it barely fits, as demonstrated in the video below.

Suggestions for improvements?  Fretboard cameras of your own?  Share in the comments section below!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints? Leave your thoughts below!